This is a rather long – wall of texty-kind of post. 🙂
If you want to skip parts of it, I tried to highlight each section.
In case you decide to read it all, a genuine heartfelt thank you from me 🙂
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, by Jon over at Amdall Gallery 🙂
I’m excited and grateful!
Thanks, Jon! I originally came across your site in the WordPress Suggestion Reader box, I believe it was a sketch from World of Warcraft that caught my attention, but I have been sticking around ever since, hoping to one day pick up a brush or pencil myself and get started.
Thank you so much for the inspiration 🙂
A little bit about The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is a blogging nomination for small blogs, designed to share the blogging love and support new bloggers. Once nominated, you can participate in this by doing the following:
- Give thanks to the person who nominated you (including a link to their blog)
- Display the award on your blog (include it in your post, or display it using a widget or gadget)
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random fats about yourself (And answer the questions you got by who nominated you)
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award (earlier rules stated, that the blogs must be small and have a maximum of 200 followers, but it appears to be ok, to loosen up on that restriction a little.)
- Create 11 questions for them to answer
- Lists these rules in your post (rules found here)
- Inform the people/blogs you have nominated (Provide a link to your post about it, or/and to here, where you can also leave a comment with a link to your own post about it)
Ok, so let’s get started 🙂
What makes me passionate about blogging…
I cherish connecting with other bloggers about the game. Share oppinions and experiences. I really like how something I see in game, is not nessesarily something others see, and the other way around.
We all have so much to give.
And the blogs I follow, which are not World of Warcraft related offer, so much insight into for example homemade crafts and life as well.
I like the idea of having a place I can visit years from now, to look back upon and see what I did. A screenshot folder is great, sure, but it’s just not the same thing, right?
And I like trying to tailor each post and every single screenshot to be just as I want it to be. 🙂
Okay, and here are the…
10 random facts about myself
- I can quote almost every single episode of Friends, yet I sometimes can’t remember what I did yesterday.
- If we drive by a horse on a field, I sometimes demand for the car to be stopped, so I can get out, admire it, and take a picture. (I’d love to have my own horse and learn how to ride)
- If I could pick another carreer, I would love to become a professionel photographer
- I met my husband through World of Warcraft (back during Wrath of the Lich King. We have a 5 year old boy together.)
- I love to walk on the road. Whenever our town has a “car-free day” at the heart of the city (once a year). I always go straight down there to walk on the road, and our boy joins me happily. But I have to drag hubby with us, because he still insists on staying on the pavement!
- I was Au pair in the US, in Chicago, when I was 18. (And I miss the country so much)
- The few times I have tried to play Dungeons and Dragons, I actually became so tired afterwards, because I got so carried away in my imagination!
- I once was in a car crash with my grandmother, we were driving on the highway, and a careless driver behind us crashed into the car. We spinned around on the road and ended up on the roof. Seatbelts saved our lives. No injuries.
- I have been part of one of the best guilds in the World (Top 100). We were the 14. guild in the world to take on Professor Putricide in Wotlk! (And that involved getting up to play at 8 AM and skip work) The number one guild on my server for so many years. I was so honored to be part of it. Honored and intimidated. Our raid leader was a Restoration Druid! Our raiding times were brutal though; most weekdays from 8 PM -midnight, and sunday from 11 AM – 11 PM, with just a few breaks in between. (Today I am able to play one hour in the evening, if I am lucky, hah.)
- I once had an accident, where I ran straight into an enormous glas window, because I was chasing boys! I was fortunate enough to walk away from it with minor cuts.
Jon’s questions to me
And here are the questions I was asked by Jon, and my answers 🙂
- What is your site about? – World of Warcraft, most of all. A rare let’s craft-post every now and again, and I am toying with the idea of something to do with Lego dragons!
- What motivated you to start the site? – I wanted something that was just mine, to boost my hobby, and find a mature and passionate community to chat with. I read a few blogs myself, before I began, and really wanted to give it a try myself. In particular, the inspiration came from Phaelia. A Restoration Druid who had a fantastic website years back (Resto4Life). She retired when she became a mother. (There is actually an in-game item named after her, it’s called Phaelia’s Vestment of the Sprouting Seed) She now has a blog called The Dreamgrove, where she talks about how to play WoW Hands-free.
- What is your favorite thing about your site? – My readers. And being able to track back, and see so much of what I have done. Like a journal, some how 🙂
- Who are your favorite artists? – Tara, (WoW related) who made the wonderful picture of Alunaria and Zeshio. Look at the webtoons, she has made here. And obviously, Jon too! 😉 (I really do wish more WoW artists would blog though. I’m rarely on social media, and I get the impression, that that is where all the action is at. I normally just stick to my own little WordPress Reader-world.)
- What makes you laugh? – My humor has changed a lot during the years. But to this day, I think the funniest thing, I’ve ever watched, game related, is Dara O Briain, at the Apollo.
- What’s the best advice you’ve heard (any topic)? – Cherish each moment, focus on the positive (it’s so simple, but so important) Also. Say yes.
- Which of your posts make you feel happy? – Hm, for example, those with screenshots where everything just seem to come together, or look super cool, like this . Or my ocean adventures, like this. Or those with the challenges, I managed, like this, or this. Oh, or my poems, like this!
- Which post are you most proud of? – Those that took the most time and dedication to finish. (Which often are those that generate the least traffic, hah!) Such as my Beauty and the Beast remake. The featured image alone took over an entire hour to make.
- Cats or dogs? – Dogs. So much.
- What’s your favorite book? – The Last Unicorn, by Peter S. Beagle.
- What’s the best memory you have while traveling? – Meeting a friend I knew from home (Denmark), in Chicago. What are the odds, of meeting someone from Denmark in Chicago? What are the odds, that you both are in another country at the same spot at the exact same time!? I heard his laugh in the crowd, and before I saw him, I just knew it was him!
- What is one thing you don’t own that you’d like to one day? – A harp. Oh, and tools to get started on drawing. Digital drawing too! Oh, and…Oh, wait, it said one thing.
- Do you have a travel bucket list? If so, what are your top five locations? – I do not have a travel bucket list. But if I had to make one up right now, it’d be something along the lines of, New Zealand, another roadtrip in the US (preferably during Christmas), Sweden to visit a friend, Italy and Andalasia (… 😉 )
- What is your biggest accomplishment? – Overcoming the loss of both parents as a child, and being able to maintain a relatively normal life as adult, with hubby, our beloved son, and full time-work, being able to make ends meet and have time for each other.
That was about it. To anyone who read it all, thank you so much for showing interest. 🙂
Those I have nominated
Deciding who to nominate was not an easy task. Out of almost 140 followed blogs in WordPress, it was a challenge to decide who not to choose, if that makes sense.
I tried to set up some “rules” of my own.
In order to be able to recieve the nomination from me, one has to be an active blogger (at least one post within the last two months or so), interested in communicating with the readers, and generally passionate about their blog.
For all of your stories, unique insight, sharing of lore, wisdom and knowledge…
For all of your helpful tips on toys, HoTs and life…
For sharing all your passion, wittiness and charm…
Those I have nominated are…
Coffee, Cakes and Crits – My favorite thing about your blog is…The posts that combine WoW and theater! So clever, unique and well put together. You have a very special way of writing. And how you help me stay in tune with all that I need to HoT and Toy!
Wowable – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your lore, story and guide-posts. So easy to dive into and it expands my knowledge everytime. How you both always appear so openminded and helpful, strong and caring at the same time.
Kamalia et alia – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your attention to detail on every transmog and location you do. And your stories, that I came across recently, too! And to hear a little here and there about your real life is something I really cherish as well 🙂
Techni”Cool”Dad – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your stories! Also, that font, you know? 😉 I like how you add a few screenshots to each of your posts too, making it easier to immerse. I particularly enjoyed your latest post about the centaurs. Such a sweet and immersive way to look at the change in Desolace.
Growing up in Azeroth – My favorite thing about your blog is…The unique insight your readers gain, of a daughter and father who plays together. Your always well thought of posts! And how you are not afraid of sharing your feelings.
Wisteria and associates on adventures in Azeroth – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your wittiness and puns! Always makes me smile, and think about WoW in a different way. I have so little time to play and be social these days, so being able to ‘visit’ you on your blog is something I am very happy to be able to do.
Kaylriene – My favorite thing about your blog is…How extraordinary it is written. Your analyzing of everything about World of Warcraft blows me away. I can easily see you getting picked out by Blizzard to participate in an aspect at BlizzCon.
Video Game Tourist – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your variety of content. Your well made screenshots, and easy to dive into-posts, as well as your humor. You often touch things about WoW, I can relate to too, so thank you!
Wowstorylines – My favorite thing about your blog is…Your great journal-stories. I cherish how they are from more than one character, so the reader gets fragments of the same story, but told in such a different way, depending on who wrote it. And I appreciate your OOC posts as well. Always a pleasure to get to know, who is behind the screen 🙂
Marathal – My favorite thing about your blog is…The mix of posts, whether about World of Warcraft or real life. They always teach me a life lesson or two, a different perspective on things, and I also get to learn a little bit about the US as well – I genuinely appreciate that.
Edge of Insanity – My favorite thing about your blog is…The insight you have given me into the Horde side in World of Warcraft. Something I never would have gotten if not for you. I cherish all your well made screenshots too, your story telling, and how you adopted my Screenshots of the month idea (and doing a better job than me sticking to it, hah)
To those not nominated
– (and it genuinely bothered me, I can’t just shower every blog I like with the award – I almost didn’t do this, because of that) know, that it was a tough choice, I still cherish your blog very much, and some of you actually had too many followers to make the cut!
I hope those that I have nominated can pay it forward, so we get to see all of us participate in this 🙂
The questions for those I have nominated
Because we all have one shared interest: World of Warcraft, I have decided that most of the questions should be evolving around that exact game.
Here they are!
1. Which World of Warcraft quote is your favorite?
2. If you could bring back one NPC in World of Warcraft, which one would it be, and why?
3. What is your favorite thing about the blog of the person, who nominated you for the Liebster Award?
4. What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome in World of Warcraft?
5. If you could give someone 5 million gold in the game, who would it be, and why?
6. Which one of your own blog posts is your favorite, and why?
7. If you could bring one World of Warcraft creature into the real world, which creature would you pick?
8. If your World of Warcraft-friends had to describe you with 3 words, which words do you think, they would choose?
9. What is the best advice, someone has ever given you in World of Warcraft?
10. What is your ideal way for World of Warcraft to end?
11. If you could change one thing in the game, what would you choose – and why?
BONUS FOR YOUR READERS – Tell us 3 random facts about yourself and your main character!
Feel free to use these questions to those you decide to nominate too, of course 🙂
I hope you all want to participate in this; it will be fun to get to know each other better 🙂
Happy blogging and summer!